Your time is at a premium - you're balancing your work and family life. Training the dog has become just another item on your to-do list. We offer a wide variety of individualized programs and packages to suit you, your lifestyle and your dog.
Clever Canine makes it easy:
- You pick from a variety of days and times to fit into your hectic schedule. We offer single sessions or economical packages.
- You choose what you want your dog to learn so your sessions are focused on your concerns
- And best of all, we come to you!
All private sessions begin with an initial consultation (1-1.5 hours long) in which your training goals and the best way of meeting them, are discussed.
First session (1.5 hours): $150
Single session (1 hour): $80
Package rates available when multiple sessions are purchased at the first session
You don’t have to fit a class into your hectic schedule. You don’t even have to fit training the dog into your hectic schedule – an expert trainer will do it for you! Janet will become your dog’s very own personal trainer in this intensive and highly customized service. Your dog doesn’t get sent off to a ‘doggie boot camp’ and the problems get fixed where they occur – in your home and neighbourhood.
**Home Schooling is available in Fairfield, Oak Bay and parts of Vic West, Esquimalt and Saanich only
Home Schooling is ideally suited for:
- Basic Training - Sit, down, no jumping, no biting, coming when called, walking nicely on leash, leave it, drop it, and stay
- Advanced training – off-leash reliability
- Puppy Training & socialization – the basics of the most important time in your young dog’s life
- Some forms of aggression – including guarding objects and food bowls, or on-leash reactivity to other dogs
This one-of-a-kind service includes:
- Two or three sessions a week in which Janet trains your dog while you’re at work, at play or observing
- Regular reports – you’ll always know how your dog is doing
- Regularly scheduled owner transfer sessions – meetings with Janet so that you’ve got the tools needed to maintain your dog’s great behaviour
- Follow-up sessions after your dog has finished the training program
Personal Coaching: for dogs of any age and any level of training.
Personal, one-on-one coaching works well for owners who want to be fully involved in the training of their dog, but need a flexible schedule and enjoy work at a self-directed pace.
Our private lesson program covers the same material presented during Clever Canine’s group classes but with a focus on the special needs of you and your dog. We can work on the basics and you’ll learn how to get your dog to pay attention to you; sit, down and stay; come when called and walk nicely on a leash. Or we can work on really annoying behaviours specific to your dog like jumping up, counter-surfing, barking, eating inappropriate items or chewing on coffee tables.
Behaviour Consultations & Problem-solving:
Our in-home consultations cover problems from housetraining, hyperactivity, barking and jumping to the more serious problems of guarding food or objects, shyness, fearfulness, separation anxiety and aggression.
What you get:
- Your initial phone consultation is free – this is the time to tell Janet about why you need the expertise of Clever Canine
- An in-home evaluation of your dog and the problem you are having. In this first session (which lasts approximately 1.5 hours) Janet will take a full behaviour history of your dog and the problem you are experiencing, discuss the prognosis and give you some solutions that you can implement right away.
- A recommended training schedule and protocol devised specifically for you and your dog.