I have the best clients, and I want all of you to stay safe and healthy! After reviewing research and consulting with my professional peers and WorkSafe BC, I have a plan for private, in-home sessions and classes.
First: Please consider putting dog training on hold if you are considered to be in a “high-risk” group or if you live with someone or take care of someone considered to be “high-risk”.
Basic Health Guidelines
Please cancel your private session or do not come to class if:
- You’ve had symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache
- You’ve been directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- You have recently traveled outside the country or you have had contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19.
If you or anyone in your home is ill, your private training session will be rescheduled and your program time limit will be extended.
If I am not feeling well or have been in contact with anyone who is sick, I will contact you to reschedule.
Nosework Classes & Drop-ins
Vaccinations are no longer required for nosework classes and drop-ins. Masks are optional.
- Students should wait in their cars until just before class, and enter when I open the door.
- To maintain physical distancing, students will train at ‘stations’ that are spaced at least 2m apart.
- Class size will be limited to help with social distancing.
Here’s what I’ll be doing:
- The number of in-person appointments will be limited during the day in order to minimize points of contact.
- I’ll be keeping socially distant and wearing a mask if that makes you more comfortable.
Here’s how you can help:
- Be prepared to train in your yard or indoors with the windows open.
- Masks are now optional, even when training inside.
- Use social distancing, when inside or outside.
- Everyone needs to maintain social distancing protocols to the best of their ability.
- Wash, wash, wash (!) your hands.
- All payments and paperwork will be handled electronically in order to limit points of contact. Please pay via etransfer if you can.
This information is as up-to-date as it can be based on Dr. Bonnie Henry’s guidelines and WorkSafe BC’s protocols for re-opening. If we have found out one thing during this pandemic, it is that things can change, even in the space of a day.
I will update you (and this page) as requirements change. Private sessions or classes may need to be suspended. We may all need to go on lockdown again. Flexibility is the key.
If you have any questions or concerns about safety at any point, please let me know.
Here’s to good health and happy training!